Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Evening

Today, I stepped back a little bit into life by doing something I loved and Mark was proud of me for doing. I used to cater and had a little home-based business where I cooked dinner for a small group at the host's home, preparing, serving and cleaning up afterwards. I absolutely love to cook and Mark was my best recipe taste tester. Tonight I made dinner for my friends who have been so very supportive of me in the last few months, as a way to say thank you, but more importantly to say I love you. I made them citrus/honey marinated pork roast with blueberry chipolte sauce, lemon pepper orzo, citrus/sesame grilled asparagus, and toasted pound cake with chocolate sauce and strawberries. I had a wonderful time doing it and it felt good to do something so good for people I care about. Every little step helps. Love to you all!

4 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like a great meal, but an even better gesture.

Hope you are well.

j said...

How thoughtful of you! And I'm sure the blessing was returned to you in the presence of your friends.

And *YUM!* on the menu - sounds really good.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca~

Scott passed away 5.9.2009.
Your blog helps. Day by day.

Hope you have a nice holiday weekend,
ali from Richmond, Virginia

ps I will NEVER give up!

j said...

popping in to say hello and to check in with you Rebecca. I pray that you are doing well.