Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Night

I'm writing for Mark tonight. The past two days have been a little much for him. This round of chemo had more drugs than last, and the violent hiccups are here with a vengence. I stopped at the doctor's office this morning on my way to work and was assured by the nurse there that a Rx would be called in for him that would take care of the problem. Needless to say, it WASN'T. So we have another night of no sleeping because the hiccups are so bad. When we go tomorrow to have the pump removed, they're going to get a piece of my mind, although I don't have a lot to spare these days. The good news from this last visit with the doctor is that there has been no significant weight loss. For that, we are thankful.
There's a brush fire about two miles from our house here in Golden Gate Estates. We can see and smell the smoke. We're watching the news to make sure there's no shift in direction. Just what we would need - evacuate with Mark and the pump, three dogs, one cat and a crazy woman!
Love and Peace to you all! Rebecca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Remember there's a canal between you and the fire.

My guys are still out working on it now, trying to get a line around it at night while it's quiet.

Even so, you know where to go if you need to.

Click above or here for the view from my backyard. (That's not very comforting, is it?) Looks like I'll be sweeping up pine needles tomorrow.