Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Afternoon

I wanted to let all of you who still wander by that I have made plans for Mark's blog. With the help of a couple of computer-savvy people, I will be turning this blog and the subsquent comments into a book. Once I've got that accomplished, I am going to close down the blog. I want to remember each and every post and comment, and I want to honor all of you who came diligently during Mark's struggle. I don't know yet if I will start my own post. I suspect it would be theraputic, but I haven't made that decision yet. To each and every one of you, my thanks for all you have done during the nine months Mark blogged, and for the love and support you have shown me since his passing. The blog will be up for a little while longer. I'll let you know when I've accomplished the book and when I'll take down the blog. I remind all of you to visit the blogs of each other and to check once in a while on www.loriannbecker.com. You are all special people in my life.

6 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Mark,was a great example to me in my struggles to maintain my sanity.He was a true example on how to embrace life.I have been blessed to have visite this strong man.Rebecca,you are a strong person in your own right.I know it was not easy for you watching Mark struggle.Hugs and God's blessings.Mike Golch said that.

I hope that you do start your own blog.I will be happy to follow it.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, one more thank you, for you and Mark sharing your life, and enriching mine. Hugs, Amanda Lynn

Carol said...

Ahhh. You will have a beautiful recording of nine months of Mark's life. That touches my heart.

I'm thankful that I got to witness Mark's humor, strength, honesty and openness. And I thank you, Rebecca, for your updates when Mark didn't feel like posting and for your demonstration of deep caring, love and courage. It's been an honor...

I hope that we can stay in touch from time to time. AND if you're ever out this way... you are always welcome at my house.

Much love,

Carol

j said...

That is a great idea. To have the words and thoughts that Mark shared on this blog in book form will be a blessing to you I know. AND I have seen too many good people accidentally delete their blogs. Having something that you can hold in your hand and not rely on the computer for is such a good idea.

Be blessed Rebecca.

Travis Cody said...

Outstanding idea! Good luck with the project.

JC said...

Rebecca, You will remain in my prayers. If you continue to blog, I will read. God bless.