Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday Night

Tonight I got the pleasure and priviledge of honoring one of Mark's last wishes. When December came around, he and I discussed how much we could afford to set aside for Christmas gifts and who would be on our very short list for gifts. He got a very sweet look and asked, if it were at all possible, we could include the three ladies from Hospice who gave him so much tender, loving care. I told him we would make sure we did. I was able tonight to write each of them a heartfelt thank you and to send along a little something he had decided would be appropriate. He wanted to get each a card for a tank of gas. He said that would let them know he loved them, and would let them keep going out to the homes of the people who suffered as he suffered, to minister to them with the love they had given him. He was a special person, and though one of his favorite things to say was "I know nobody loves me," he was so very wrong. To Marie, Josie and Lori, I can't thank you enough. You are the angels everybody says that walk among us.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you saying that Marie, Josie and Lori were blessings to Mark as he was a blessing to so many of us. I’m glad you could honor his wish.

Blessings to you, my friend.

Carol said...

This post warmed my heart.

Very beautiful...

j said...

Precious. What a thoughtful gift from you and Mark.

Mark's words "I know nobody loves me"... I found that intriguing. I can only picture him saying that tongue in cheek because he captured the hearts of many so quickly!

Take care Rebecca.

JC said...

Rebecca, May God bless and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and give your peace. Mark was loved by so many just as you are.

Carol said...

Hi Rebecca,

Thinking of you today.

Mike Golch said...

Rebbecca,I just wanted to stop by and say Hi.Hugs.