Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Night

I am back home for a while, after spending the day at Mark's bedside. He is fighting as hard as he can, but his body is beginning to shut down. He is still running a very high temperature, and he has not been conscious since we to0k him there yesterday. He is resting comfortably, and the wonderful nurses and doctors at hospice have assured me that I have done the right thing. He feels no pain. I am taking care of our doggies and kitty. I am going to try to sleep a little, but will be leaving here to go back to his side. I love him so, and I want him to know I am with him. I have talked to him all day, stroked his face and held his hand. I know he is at peace. I will up-date you tomorrow sometime. Our love to all of you!

7 comments:

j said...

Take care of you too Rebecca. I wish I were there to help. Please please please tell Mark, whether he hears what you say or not, that I am praying for him and I care so much that he is going through a difficult time. He MATTERS.

And tell him that God is SO very good. I love you both and my heart is aching because of the day that you have had.

And I am so glad that he is being medicated. Praise God, I just don't want to think of him suffering.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update, Rebecca.

Our prayers and thoughts and love continue to be with Mark and with you.

My you both know the presence of God and experience Divine Light for the greatest possible good. Truly.

Anonymous said...

dear rebecca. i know words are hard to come by at this time ,my heart goes out to you,mark has been fighting for a long time,andim sure he knows your at his side.hes at the best place they know what to do too keep him comforable.tell him we all have him in prayer looking forward to better news keep us posted.

love bev

Travis Cody said...

I'm so sorry. I'll hope for the best. In the meantime, please tell him I'm thinking of him and wishing you both peace.

Craig Windt said...

It's tearing us both up that we cannot be there at your side to support you and to give you all the hugs you need. Please tell Mark that I love him and am thinking of him continually.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, my heart and spirit is with you and Mark. Please call me if I can support you in anyway. The last thing that Mark said to me during our visit last week was "Never, ever give up". I know his spirit is still fighting, keeping him focused on God and the joy he will receive when this battle is over and he has won! I am so very proud of both of you and forever grateful to have been a part of this sacred journey.

Peace and love,

Lori

Anonymous said...

HI Rebecca~

Your cyber family is united in prayer for you and Mark. May the peace and love of God be with you both. know you and Mark are not alone.

Good luck during this difficult time.

ali