Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday Evening

Today has been a very long, difficult day. We have had to bring in the Hospice Crisis Care Unit. Mark is deteriorating and is now primarily bedfast. This happened very quickly. He had a fall again last night (at about 3:00 a.m) but was able to get himself up and into the bed. He is not able to do that now. He has a lot of pain in his back and hips. We are not completely certain he didn't damage something, but he does not want to go back to the hospice facility. I had no choice but to call in the 24-hour help, as I can't help him by myself. He is unable to sit up unassisted, or to drink, take his meds or much of anything else. He has rested relatively comfortably today, but is heavily medicated. We are going to watch over the next couple of days for signs of improvement. Please pray with me that he improves. The nurses are wonderful, patient and kind. We are doing everything we can. I love you all and Mark sends his love too! PLEASE, NEVER GIVE UP!

4 comments:

j said...

I am praying for you RIGHT NOW Rebecca. Honey, I am sorry. But I AM NEVER GIVING UP!

Post updates as you are able.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

dear friends so sorry to read of marks set back.your both in my prayers hes a fighter he will bounce back,ill light my candle again tonight for him tell him i said hello.god bless you both and keep that chin up high.love your buddy bev

Scarlet said...

I will be praying for both of you!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

My prayers are steadfast with you both.
God is great. May he bring comfort to you both.