Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Very Early Tuesday Morning

Whew! I am home. Flying standby at Christmas is an adventure! It took two and one-half days to make it to Salt Lake City. We landed Christmas morning at about 8:30 a.m. (their time) and it began to snow as soon as we got in the car. It then snowed 24 inches! Everybody thought I was nuts because I kept going out on the porch and standing in the blizzard, watching the beautiful snow flakes. It felt amazing. Going there was the absolute right thing to do. We left there this morning about 6:00 a.m., and after waiting all day in the Atlanta airport, were able to get on the last flight on the night back home. So, I am here - my dogs are so very happy. I must say they were very lovingly cared for in my absence by "Aunt Nancy." But I am getting an awful lot of slobbery kisses.

I thought about all of you on Christmas, when I had some quiet time. I spent some time by myself, looking out of the window at the majestic snow-covered mountains and felt God closer than ever. I had a long talk with him. I thanked him for all of you and I thanked him for the wonderful years I had with Mark.

It was very difficult to walk back in here tonight, not having that beautiful smiling face to greet me. I know in my heart that he went with me to Utah, though, so I am at peace.

My love to all of you. May 2009 be a good year for all of you. You remain in my heart everyday!

11 comments:

Debra said...

So glad to hear you made a good trip...how wonderful to see some snow!

Have a blessed New Year! Will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Blessings, peace and all that is good!

Anonymous said...

hi my friend.

your message tells me this is what you needed.you sound so rested and now you must go on the best you can as im sure mark would want you to do this.you need a rested mind to do the job you do.so in this new year to come peace be with you. love bev

Mike Golch said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a good trip.I hope that you New Year will be good.Hugs and Blessings

Carol said...

Rebecca,

Your time in Utah sounds beautiful and like it did you good.

Much peace & love to you.

Charnita said...

Glad you had a nice trip and hope you continue to heal and find comfort in Mark's memories and presence.....

Unknown said...

Rebecca, may you be blessed with much happiness and many joys in 2009

Travis Cody said...

It sounds like you are finding the peace you need to move forward into the new year. You face so many new challenges, but I felt a lightness while reading your words.

I truly believe that you have Mark in your heart.

I wish that to continue for you in this new year.

Anonymous said...

While I knew it was the right thing for you to go, I had no idea when you left that taking care of the dogs was the right thing for ME to do.

You did me a huge favor, thank you.

katherine. said...

I've come by way of Travis.

My mama and her granddaughter (my daughter) are also a healing duo.

I send you warm thoughts and prayers and look forward to reading Mark's story.

Carol said...

Thinking of you today, Rebecca.

j said...

Your trip to Utah sounds so wonderful. I would have been on that porch with you!! The snow must have been beautiful.

And how brave you are to navigate the airports on your own! Wow! Glad that you had a nice Christmas Rebecca.