Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Afternoon

Well, the Doctor wants me back in Chemo for the next 2 weeks. He also wants me to speak to a Hospice about home care. I am getting weaker, have a hard time walking and any traveling in a car is draining. It is hard traveling down a road and seeing a "Dead End" sign in front of you. It is something I must prepare myself for mentally and physically. It is so very hard on my good wife Rebecca. I wish her no pain, but she is with me always and bears the brunt of this whole nightmare. The Doctor gave me stronger pain pills to take for my worsening headaches. I am doing my best and will never give up! Peace be with you all and much Love Mark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, take the help. Hospice isn't what it used to be. These folks are professionals and can work wonders to help make life just a little more normal. You've earned the right to get a little damn help. Take advantage of it.

Craig Windt said...

When my grandfather was suffering from cancer, the hospice nurses were a god-send. They became part of the family and made my grandparents' lives, and all of our lives much easier. If you can get it, you should do it.

Travis Cody said...

I hope you'll consider taking whatever help you can get to help with your quality of life.

j said...

I agree with all of these lovely folks, I would take the help. My experience with Hospice has been only positive.

Be blessed Mark.

Jen

JC said...

Morning Mark, I'm glad to know you are willing to contact Hospice. It doesn't mean you are giving up only seeking to help Rebecca. Hospice was great help for my sister when my brother-in-law was so sick. He was a big man and she a tiny woman. She really needed the help. They were a comfort to me knowing my sister had help and I live a couple of hours away. You and Rebecca remain in my prayers. Peace and love to you. JC