Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday

Today is a hard day for me. I am starting to realize the finality of this whole trip. I am supposed to just stay calm and let this Cancer just eat away at me? Should I be yelling or running around trying to find a cure? I feel totally helpless. Just sit in my house day after day after day doing the same damn thing! Waiting. With gas so high and money so tight, there is nothing I can do. Just sit here and feel comfortably numb. Waiting. My Dad is 96 and in bad shape. I wish I could see him again. Just talk to him one more time. He's 1500 miles away and I can't afford the trip. This makes me sick to my stomach. I want to yell and cry. Is this pain really worth the extra few months? I sometimes wonder. I feel lost and alone.
Is anyone out there? Hello? Anyone? Mark

4 comments:

Craig Windt said...

Hang in there, Mark. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be right now, but please know that you are often in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I'm here... I'm trying to be, anyway. It's kind of tough with no Internet access.

I'm asking the same questions, if that helps. If you figure out any answers, please let me know. I promise to do the same, though I'm not making any progress on this front.

I have no doubt that your father understands that you want to be there. And he must understand why you're not. Maybe it'll be an option when you get a break from all this poison. Hang in there.

Here's a flower for you.

Jenny Massey said...

I'm here too.

God bless!

j said...

Tears Mark. I am so sorry. No, you aren't alone. Not at all. Hang in there.

Jen