Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday Evening

I must say that this round of chemo is brutual. When he went through the first round last spring, Mark seemed to recover between sessions and have some days of relative comfort. Not this time. He continues to be so very tired that even getting out of bed for an hour or so is a huge chore. He isn't eating anything - we're back on the Ensure. And, the vomiting - oh, God, the vomiting. We have one more round to go before the doctor calls a halt for a while to measure the effect on the tumor. My poor, poor miserable husband. All your prayers are really important now - so keep them coming. We love you all. Never Give Up! Rebecca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have nothing brilliant to offer, so instead I'll send some old news (would that make it "olds"?)

(Dr.) Friedman said in a statement that he was "pleased to report that Senator Kennedy's surgery was successful and accomplished our goals." The statement said the 76-year-old senator was awake during the operation and "should therefore experience no permanent neurological effects from the surgery."

Kennedy emerged from his surgery about 2 p.m. and told his wife, Victoria Reggie Kennedy: "I feel like a million bucks. I think I'll do that again tomorrow."


Click my name for the link...

j said...

Hi Rebecca. I am back reading. Mark was on my mind and then as I read, I meet you. Please, if there is anything in the Blog community that I can do, would you let me know? PLEASE? As helpless as I feel, I can only imagine what you are going through. I am a praying woman, so you and Mark are in my prayers. The Peace that I have found here, the love and the strength, even in weakness, have truly touched my heart. If you need someone to talk to, please let me know. I am a pretty good listener and I would be happy to send you my email address.

Just let me know if I can help you through my presence Rebecca. It's really all I could do.

Be blessed.

Jennifer