Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Evening

I think the weather is really hard on Mark. Today, he has a really bad headache, and says he thinks the rainy, stormy weather is partly to blame. He just doesn't feel good. No attempt a eating tonight. He did have a nice breakfast this morning, but now feels queasy and doesn't want to try any supper. I'm encouraging him to go to sleep early and hopefully tomorrow, he'll be feeling a little better. He is also having an unusual occurrence - he has dry, peeling skin on his face and hands. Of course, the doctor advised this is all part of the chemo; but it seems to have materialized late in the game. Mark says his fingers are very sensitive in the areas where the skin is sloughing. Poor darling - I do so want him to have a good day tomorrow. Keep the thoughts and prayers coming! I know they are working. Our love to all of you!

5 comments:

Travis Cody said...

I remember having some patches of skin that developed slight burns about a month after I finished my last radiation treatment. I guess you get a bit of residual effects as time goes on.

Hopefully this will pass soon.

Hang in there Mark!

Mike Golch said...

Mark,I get bad headaches,but due to seizures but that is nothing what you are going thru. I would not wish that on my worse enemy, well there is one person in mind,but that is a different story.One that I know God knows and the person who said some thing extremely nasty to me right after my father died. I told him I'd better not get my hands on him for I would kill him. I have since let god have that one and he will deal with him when the times comes.

Anonymous said...

Things that work on my weather related headaches (I don't think they are related to my cancer, and they predate my treatment..)
...include:
Caffeine
Aspirin
The second position on this link: http://tinyurl.com/6jhzpd
(link was near the top of google, I have no knowledge of that site)
Gatorade
Water
Hot shower
Lying in the dark with soft music
Warm or cold cloths on the eyes

hugs
amanda

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Mark,

So sorry that you are having such a difficult day. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

j said...

Hey Mark and Rebecca. I am sorry for being out of pocket the past few days. We are still REALLY caught up in our move. I hope that today is good. sorry about the pain with the skin. I have heard of that happening, but I am sorry that it is uncomfortable.

And yes, the prayers just keep rolling!!!!

Jen