Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Afternoon

Hi everyone! Let me thank Mike Golch first for giving me an award on his blog! I am quite humbled and wish to thank you for the honor.
A bit of trivia: who was one of the first people to take experimental drugs which later became chemo? Babe Ruth!
In keeping with the tradition of the Bambino, I have given permission to Moffit Cancer to use my DNA and biopsy to match me to any World Wide experimental drug which they would like to try out on me. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but if my closing months can be used to help some other person when I'm gone..... maybe my own Son or Grandchild, it would be worth it. When I stand in front of my Maker and asked "What did I do to help Mankind?", I will have an answer that should put me over the Top!
We all feel good when we drop that money in the bucket for "Jerry's Kids", but this now pails in comparison. I am proud to help fight Cancer and be able to give back a little to something so very important.
I'm feeling good and I Will Never Give Up! Peace and Love to all! Mark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,you are an example on how to live and to me that means giving you the award that I did. Big time Hugs and Blessing to you and your wife my friend!

I did not know that babe ruth recieve one of the first drugs what would become chemo therapy. thank you for theat info. and thank you for trying to advance medicine as well. You are a hereo in my book!

Carol said...

It's great that you are willing to allow them to use your DNA and biopsy for experimental drug testing. And it's fantastic that you're feeling good!

You gave me a smile. Thank you!

Craig Windt said...

I hope that you are able to get involved with some experimental drug or treatment. I could then tell people that my father-in-law helped make cancer easier for others :-)

Travis Cody said...

That's a tremendous thing for you to do. As a person lucky enough to be a cancer survivor, I applaud you and thank you for doing this.