Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Evening

Well, another week is almost over. Mark and I mark every passing day now. It's hard to tell somebody who doesn't have our hourglass that making the most of every day is so very important. We love each other very much and we make sure we say it and show it every day. If that's not what you do, you really need to. We have some warning of peril - not everybody does. Don't waste the time you have thinking that tomorrow, you'll be sure to tell your loved ones you love them.
Mark has a really bad headache today. He woke with it this morning. I fear these headaches are really now going to be a daily occurrence. He tries so hard not to tell me about them, but in unguarded moments, I see his face and see him rub his forehead. I know. If I ask, he denies. But, I know.
We will see Dr. Moskowitz on Monday. I know he will support Mark's choice and I also know that he will do whatever he can to help us make the transition to Hospice. He is a Godsend to us and I am so grateful for him
I will close now. I am cooking dinner. I hope Mark will feel a little like eating something. I know my dogs are sniffing the air. You see, we are have Italian sausage and they know that smell means something better than their dry dogfood. My love to everybody. Until tomorrow - NEVER GIVE UP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one do know exactully what you are saying. in 1947 I had fluid on the heart and I almost died. I know how precious days are. I lost my Dad when he was just 58 to a heart attack. in 2003 my Mom went home,she was suffering from lung cancer.Mom was72.

Carol said...

I'm glad that you have a supportive doctor that you like a lot. That's invaluable.

I'm touched when I read of your love for each other. Hmmm... that's invaluable, also!

Blessings to you two!

Travis Cody said...

You're so right. Let's hope that with the hospice care, there can be some relief from these headaches. Comfort and quality of life is so critical now.

Take care.