Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Evening

Shhh - Mark is napping. He really wants to watch the show about Randy Pausch tonight, so he's taking a nap now. This means a great deal to him. Craig - we are so waiting to hear all about Hawaii (you lucky devil). Have a bite of pinapple for us both. Nancy, we worry about you and Mark asks me every day how you're doing. Mike, Carol and all our other friends - you have come to mean a great deal. I talked about fear the other night. I think I need to focus on strength. That brick wall bashing does build emotional muscle. Ha - that's the only muscle I can hope for. But seriously, I have been really focusing on mental and emotional exercise to make myself stronger for the challenges ahead. I want to go into this as well equipped as I can. So, I'll be reading and meditating a lot. Any and all suggestions for reading material well be greatly welcomed. Carol has made a couple of excellent suggestions. I'm open to all. I love you guys. NEVER GIVE UP!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Rebecca,

I think that you are a wise woman. I'm glad that I met you, even if only from miles away.

Tonight my husband and I walked around the lake that is near our house. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous - all kinds of pinks playing off of the clouds, then reflecting on the lake. Isn't it interesting that the most beautiful sunsets are made that way by the presence of clouds?

Peace & love to you and Mark

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, please tell Mark I am either too stubborn or too stupid (or both) to know when to lie down.

And here I'm busy worrying about you guys. I don't say it much because the implosion that is my life is so overwhelming, but I think about both of you often and check here every day hoping to see good news.

I have reading suggestions, but they are so far removed from my life right now that I'll have to go digging to see what they are. It can only do me good. In the meantime, I leave you with the words of one of my heroes:

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things."
--Dorothy Parker