Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday

Hi all! Just laying around watching USA crush China in Basketball. Rebecca went off with our Granddaughter today. I'm happy she got out of the house for the day. She worries so much, she needs time out with others.
Another friend of ours passed away from cancer. Jim was a good man and will be missed by all. It is so depressing watching so many good people pass away from this disease. It reminds me of Viet Nam when you loose a friend. You get to a point where you don't want to make friends anymore. You know it's just a matter of time before you loose another brother in arms. Every loss is a punch in your gut. Another heartbreaking moment. And the beat goes on....
Peace and much Love to all! Mark

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Mark, Mt condolences on the loss of your friend.
I know that feeling quite well.
I have lost a few friends my self. The worse loss for me was watching one of my friends die right in front of me and I could not help him!He was my friend and my supervisor when I was a corrections office.
Hang tough. you will be OK.

Carol said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend, Mark.