Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday Morning

So, I'm watching TV and every other commercial I hear a song from the 60's and 70's. This new generation has turned our favorite songs into 30 second clips to sell everything from Hair Dye to Cadillac's. Songs that helped us open our eyes and THINK! Something is very wrong with that.
Then you have 2 candidates running for President who have nothing better to tell us than how the other is racists. Have we become so incredibly stupid that we believe all this spin and rhetoric? We have become a nation of scared rabbits. We as a nation went crazy after Watergate.
Now, we don't even question anything anymore. We are afraid of being called traitors. As long as our cable TV works, our blackberry's are full and PlayStation's keep our kids hypnotized, we are happy. We hide our heads in the sand and hope all will turn out OK. I hope we get off this path and start to open our eyes.
In the meantime, as Bob Dylan would say, I'm going to sit here and watch the river flow.
Peace and Love to all. Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you said it, and you said it well. Great post. Thanks.

thinking of you two every day, Amandalynn

Anonymous said...

Nailed it in one, Mark.

I think these things and wonder what I can possibly do about it.

Any ideas?

Travis Cody said...

And this is why I pay no attention to the spin. I've done my research on voting records and the other things I need to know about the candidates, and I've made my choice. Now I'll just ignore everything else until November.