Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Evening Up-Date

I told you all I would let you know the outcome of my quest to get Mark Lifeline services (a/k/a "I've fallen and I can't get up"). It would seem that in the infinite wisdom of Medicaid, the service is not covered if the recipient is diagnosed as terminal. After all, why waste taxpayer money on somebody who's going to die???? When the Medicaid staffer told me that, I was speechless for a few minutes. Talk about compassion and caring when working with the public! Well, suffice to say, at this time, we won't be getting the service. I have made Mark promise me that he will carry a phone in his pocket when he's walking around the house for any significant length of time. Hopefully, if he falls, he will still be able to dial. My God - I guess I'm still really angry. I needed to vent and you guys got it. But, as our friend Nancy is so quick to say . . ."Life is good!" We'll just buck up and move on. We NEVER GIVE UP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about venting, Rebecca, we all need it now and then. I know what it's like to not get medical help when needed, especially when your illegal and get medical for free. Went through it with my mom.

I have to also agree that sunshine and dogs and your significant other are the best things in life.

I think the ceremony was beautiful!!!

Hopefully you will get somewhat accustomed to the pain meds. Let us know what the nurse says.

It is wonderful how you are setting goals for yourself and Rebecca, such as the vows. You are such an inspiration!!! Somehow I don't think Rebecca would do anything differently than she has. LOL. I'm sure she would do anything to do it all again.

I am so glad you got to see your son!! Did your son get to close on the condo or what is the status. Call me and I may have another option, more reasonable. I know people who do private loans.
Yes, the greedy banks who gave a loan to anyone who had a paycheck have messed it up for everyone.

My latest saying is ,"Everything is temporary". Take things even 5 minutes if it gets yo through. Friends and family who love you are with you and praying for you.

I'm not too good at this blogging stuff yet, so bear with me.

Let me know when I can see you guys!!

Love,

Joan and Tony C. and Tabitha

Anonymous said...

Vent away, that's why we're here.

And honestly, what you're writing is mind-boggling. Our priorities as a nation are disgusting.

Carol said...

Sorry, Rebecca.

I know that the Lifeline services would have given you more peace of mind.

Hugs to you both.