Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Morning

Good morning all! A special hello to Kaylee and Amanda Lynn. Kaylee, I left you a message on your blog. I hope you read it. Amanda, thanks for sharing.
An update for the new people. I have been through 45 radiation treatments and chemo twice. I decided in my 2nd. chemo that it was not worth it anymore. The chemo was killing me mentally and physically faster than the cancer was. I couldn't eat, sleep, vomiting all the time and just going around being a SOB blaming everyone for living around me. The cancer has spread into my spinal cord causing seizures in my legs and arms.
I had a choice. Chemo would extend my life maybe, MAYBE 2 or 3 years. OR, stop chemo and enjoy what I have for my remaining 12 to 18 months. It was a hard choice. My wife and I sat down and talked for hours on end. I remembered a line from the movie Sawshank Redemption: "Get busy living or get busy dying". I chose life.
It's not the quantity of life, but the quality! Pain? Yes. Pills? They help, along with some "herbs" from a friend down the road. I do not feel I made the wrong decision. I'm living and loving my wife and have made some incredible friends on this blog! I hope you are a new one.
I will never give up! Never! But I will also never give up on living my life to the fullest extent I can.
If ever anyone needs to talk you can E-mail me direct at mcp12148@yahoo.com or CALL me at 239-530-2144. If I don't answer, I'm walking my dogs!
We are NOT alone! We are all tied together! Please remember that.
Peace and Love to all! Mark

2 comments:

Carol said...

Greetings to you today, Mark.

I hope it's a nice day for dog walking!

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment this morning but something weird happened... anyway Mark, you and Rebecca have inspired me all summer.

Thanks for being so open with your life.

A lot of my coworkers use blogger so I've been paranoid but I'll go ahead and list my blog here... (if this works this time!)