Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF

Good morning all.... I'm baaaaack! Good to be sitting at home again. I put a new picture up of me.
I must say that Avow Hospice was one great place! I hated to be there, but the people were wonderful! They made me feel so special and they were all very caring. The Hospice was set up like a hotel room and not a hospital. Very cozy, private rooms with patios overlooking a big lake. Rooms more like a Ramada Inn then a hospital. A/C, Cable TV, even the food was good!
I have to admit, I felt a certain calm after leaving yesterday. Knowing that my "end of days" will be in such a loving and peaceful place.
Today I am doing nothing! My nurse should be here anytime now and afterwords I may take a nap or jump into my spa. Nice and mellow!
World Series: Rays vs Phillies. I'll take the Phillies!
Have a blessed weekend and thanks for all your prayers!
Peace and Love to all! Mark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have more hair than I do!

I'm so glad you're home. Enjoy doing nothing!

Hugs to you both,
Amanda Lynn

Anonymous said...

AWWW i have cancer too :(

Carol said...

I like your new photo!

I'm glad that, even though you didn't want to be there, your experience at Hospice was so good.

I hope that you had a good day of nothingness!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Rebecca has been SUCH a grouch while you were gone! ;^)

Travis Cody said...

Not so fast on that WS prediction, although that's the Series I would prefer. The ALCS got strung out to a game 7.