Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday Night

After two days of not being able to keep down even water, let alone his meds, we made the decidion tonight to have Mark check into the Hospice facility here for a couple of days so they can try to regulate his meds and stop the constant nausea. He is wrestling with decision, as he is fearful of the move, thinking he won't be coming home. I know better. The doctor decided the environment there would make it easier to find the right level of meds to get him back to where he's more comfortable. Kissing him good night and leaving was the hardest thing I've had to do so far. But he was already feeling better, and I know with a day or so there, he'll be back home and doing much better. We need to try to get some nutrition in him and have it stay. I'll keep you all up-dated. Please say an extra prayer tonight. Please God, let him rest comfortably and keep his positive attitude. I love him so. NEVER, EVER GIVE UP!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Ah, Rebecca,

Your love is so apparent.

I can only imagine how hard it was for you to leave him there tonight.

Hugs to you both.

Anonymous said...

He'll be home soon. In the meantime, get lots of SLEEP!

Hopefully the meds will be stable and he'll feel a lot better soon.

You know, when I was a kid I thought that meds were easy. You figured out what the problem was and you took two tablets of something and you were fine in the morning. Life was much easier then.

Anonymous said...

I'm not giving up. Hugs to you both.

I have personal issues with God and the ONLY times I've outright formally prayed in 30 years is for God to protect Obama. It just came out and I decided it was worth an exception. (Yes, I have Cancer.)

I'm making another exception right now. "Please God, let him rest comfortably and keep his positive attitude" is an excellent prayer.

More hugs to you both. --Amanda Lynn

Anonymous said...

hi rebecca .

you both made the right move to get him there for reval.in no time at all he will perk up god bless you both.hang in there .love to you both .

bev

Travis Cody said...

That's a tough choice, but I hope it came with a feeling of security and peace of mind that there would be people nearby who would help monitor and regulate.

Take care.