Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF

Hi all! It has been a rough few days for me. I try very hard not to think about my condition. Just live life! Every now and then, you get a wake up call. This wake up call wasn't pretty. It's like holding onto a wet rope. You try so very hard to climb up, but your hands keep slipping down. My poor Rebecca has to put up with all of this. I feel so bad for her.
Simply, I am starting to have seizures. The Hospice doubled my morphine intake each day and hopes that will slow it down. The pain is indescribable. The hard part is I have seen this with my friends who have passed. I know whats coming.
I make this pledge to all of you: I will NEVER give up! I have the responsibility of posting every day! That gives me the courage to wake every morning and get going!
If and when I become bed ridden, I will ask Rebecca to post for me. I promise, I will do all I can to keep you informed.
Please say a prayer for the people in Texas! This storm sounds bad.
Peace and Love to all!
Mark

6 comments:

JC said...

Mary and Rebecca, There are words to convey my thoughts toward both of you. I admire your willingness to share your journey, its ups and downs. I may not make it to your site every day but I have you at the top of my prayer list. Grace and blessings to you both.

j said...

Your spirit is inspiring. I pray a blessing over you and Rebecca today.

And I join you in prayer for the folks in Texas.

Jen

Carol said...

Mark,

Yes, by watching others, you may know what's coming on the physical level, but the inside journey is yours alone. In the situation that you are in right now, some people close down, some people open up, some stay pretty much the same as always. It sounds like you are living while you're alive, honest about your experience the whole way. Very refreshing.

I'm sure that this is hard on you AND Rebecca, but this is what love does. When we are young and newly in love, it's wonderful. But the love that takes care of another - or the love of allowing ourselves to be taken care of by another - THAT'S a true love of heart beyond all externals.

Much peace and love to you!

Joan said...

Dear Mark & Rebecca,

We haven;t communicated and I haven't posted very much, but you have both have never been far from my mind or my heart. Maybe it is selfish, but I have a very hard time with the mortality issue. After losing so many people in my life, you would thing i would be used to it.

Mark, I don;t know how you deal with this harsh reality and Rebecea, I don't know how you go on each day, but I admire both of you so much!!! You both are an inspiration to others!!

It is so frustratin to know what you are dealing with and being unable to help.

I pray for each of you every day and wil pray for those in the wakes of Gustav and Ike.

Love you both and God bless.

Mark, it is not wrong to turn to God now. He knows your suffering and knows what a wonderful person you are, and have been. He never forgets that. He is aways there when you need Him.

Joan

Anonymous said...

Mark,

When the Beatles (and the Isley Brothers) sang "Well shake it up baby now!" I don't think they were talking about YOU. So cut that stuff out.

And I hope the morphine doesn't cause you any nausea. It's good to make the pain ease up, but nausea is no way to live.

You know that you can call anytime if you need anything, I hope.

Travis Cody said...

I admire your determination. Hang in there and take care.