Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday

Good morning all. I am so sick and tired hearing about cancer! To Craig and his Father: my heart and all my prayers are with you! Every time I start to feel a bit better, BOOM! I have lost all of my friends. People I went through chemo with, radiation with and chemo a second time with are gone. Now I'm in Hospice and it's like a replay. Same questions, same answers. I know where this is heading.... and I'm upset about it. Depressed.
I read a report my Doctor wrote to hospice a month ago. It said he felt I would not last another 2 weeks. That is when I decided to go off chemo and just live my life! I have gained 20 pounds and feel better than before. Why? I do not dwell on my cancer! I live my life and not think about tomorrow! Staying positive does work, along with my friends prayers.
I tried watching some of the RNC last night. It was so negative! Nothing, not one word on the economy! Just bash everyone and everything. 2 aspirins and drill baby drill!
The BEST was the Daily Show. Jon Stewart had on Newt Gringrich. Newt says that Sara Palins daughter choose to have the child. Jon said that if her mother was VP, that choice would have been taken away from her! Newt's mouth just opened wide and he said nothing! Ha!
Peace and Love to all! Mark

3 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for mentioning Jon Stewart. I'll have to look up the show with Gringrich.

Sorry to hear about your friend. You're getting to feel the feeling of multiple losses that comes with being an elder - even though you're not an elder yet. But you do have the wisdom of the elders...

Travis Cody said...

A positive attitude is critical to quality of life. Glad to hear you are keeping yours, even though it's got to be such a downer to be surrounded by so much rotten news.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

Your doctor probably wrote that report to get you into Hospice. They've probably got to say that you're turning blue just to get you into the program. From a financial point of view, Hospice doesn't want to care for folks who have another 50 years to go.

And keep watching those Republicans. I'm amazed to see that there are so many different ways for them to shoot themselves in the foot.

Now we just have to hope that the Democrats don't do the same thing.