Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday

Morning all! Well, my neighbor is out on $5,000 bond, lowered from $35,000. We had a Bar-B-Q for him last night. It was one of these bring what you want to eat/drink things. About 20 people showed up and a good time was had by all! Carol, I spent a year in Arvada, I know how Colorado is with herb. Florida is still living in the 1800's. I will keep you informed of what happens.
A small rant: In Michigan, the Republican Party is putting together a list of everyone who's home went into foreclosure. WHY? That person will not be able to vote. The person no longer lives in that area! Unreal.
I feel pretty good today. A slight headache from last night, but I'm smiling.
Peace and Love to all! Mark

3 comments:

Carol said...

I didn't know that you lived in Arvada for awhile! I have worked a lot with the Arvada peace group that was created after 9/11.

It sounds like you guys made a crappy turn of events into a fun community time. The police and W seem to be able to create community in spite of themselves.

I didn't know about the Michigan tricks. And there are a LOT of foreclosures there. I'm sure we'll see more ways that people are kept from voting as time goes on.

I see your smile, Mark. Smiles are so contagious.

Joy to you this beautiful day.

JC said...

Well, there is nothing like a neighbor in need to get your blood flowing.

Travis Cody said...

Damn. I hadn't thought of that aspect of foreclosure. You have to re-establish residence and re-register to vote.

In addition to all the other suckage that comes with losing your home, becoming disenfranchised just adds the final insult.