Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Morning

Well, guys - last night was not a good one. We had to call in a nurse late last night, as Mark was having some minor seizure activity, and terrific breakthrough pain. He was lethargic and had not eaten all day. He also said he was nauseaed and had been throwing up. The nurse rearranged his meds a little, had him take a little bit higher dosage of the pain meds and had me sit up with him all night, so I could call again if there was any negative changes. He was offered, but declined, a trip to their facility for a 24-hour stay, so they could regulate the meds. All in all, that was a good decision to just stay home. He took medication at 11:00 p.m., and then slept all night. No more seizure signs. I waited this morning until the nurse came back, and we talked a little about possible alternatives to his being home all day alone. We'll have some decisions to make in the next couple of weeks. Stay with us, we need you. NEVER GIVE UP!

5 comments:

Hopefulsl said...

Have you checked in I.H.S.S services?
That is(In Home Supportive Services.)
I myself belong to this company :)
I don't know what your insurance is, but they take Medi-Cal & Medicare clients. When i said that i belong to this company i meant to say that i work for this company.....Its all depends on my client what kind of service that they want. Some are bed
ridden and some just need little things like making them lunch and making sure that they take their meds. and just doing a little house keeping. So maybe you can check into this program.....Good luck to what ever you decide!!!!
Hugs & Blessings,
Love,Stacy

Carol said...

Thinking of you guys and sending hugs and much love.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to come up with a brilliant solution any minute now, and I'll put it right here in this spot.

Soon.

Just as soon as I think of it.

Hrm.

Well, when I come up with one, I'll post it later. It'll come to me, I'm sure.

I think.

It will have to, because I will NEVER GIVE UP. So there.

There is one thing I know for sure--if I didn't have you guys leading the way, I would have given up a long time ago. So, thank you.

j said...

Oh shoot. Your request to stay with you makes me ashamed. It has been a WHILE since I have been by. Please forgive me for being away so long.

I will say a prayer for Mark and pray for the decisions that you have facing you.

Travis Cody said...

Hang in there.