Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Evening

A good day. That's how I'll start this evening. Mark is doing much better. He is weak but he is fighting. He thinks he's coming home tomorrow. They gave me instruction this afternoon on how to monitor his medication pump. The nurse will start coming every other day to fill the pump and to check on him. I took Dixie to see him today. That made him happy. Then I took her to the doggie wash - not as pleasant an experience as was with Pepper. She usually loves water but fought me today. I was soaked, she was soaked - a good time was had by all! Ha Ha!
Thank you everybody for continuing to be there for us. We love you all!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Please tell Mark that that he's in my thoughts and I'm glad he's feeling better.

It sounds like you and Dixie had fun. Two more to go???

Jess said...

Well i am so glad that Mark is doing better. Do they know if it is his liver or the tumor yet?

Please let him know that not only am I praying, but our whole church is praying as well.

Our God is great... and He can do anything.

Have a blessed week

j said...

Send Mark hugs and prayers. Glad that he is feeling better. Love the name Dixie!

I am trying to remember if Mark ever mentioned the Florida Gators in any of his posts. Looks like Florida and Alabama will be facing off in the SEC championship. I wish that we could all sit and watch that game together, but I think I am such an enthusiastic Bama fan that y'all would kick me out LOL!

And of course I know that with what you are facing recently the last thing you are probably thinking about is college football. But I know Mark likes sports and that is one of those fun things to look forward to. When he feels like posting again I would love to hear how he feels about that game.

Obsessed Bama fan, leaving your blog now :)

HUGS Y'all!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

I wish I could have been there to help with Dixie. Hell, I'm almost dry from Pepper, so I'm ready to go again! That dog wash is really great, and the dogs look fantastic after a hot wax and undercarriage wash.

Here's hoping Mark is home and settled soon, though that hospice is amazing.

Travis Cody said...

At least you got a good laugh with Dixie!