Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hi Everybody! Today has been a good one. Mark is coming around nicely. He is astounded and touched by all the postings. I printed them out for him and he said for me to thank everybody, with a special thanks to Jen. He said to tell you that the response to his blog by all your friends has made his jaw drop! Thank you all -thank you all! I want to give great thanks to Nancy, who came over this evening and Rumba'd and Scoba'd our bedroom in anticipation of Mark's return. Those machines are unbelievable! She's a jewel of a friend. Oh, and she went with me to take Pepper, the german shepard, to the pet wash. That was an experience. Pepper is beautiful now and we've got three more to go. All of you have a great rest of the week end and I'll keep you up-dated. Mark is probably going to be there through Monday, but may come home sooner if he continues to progress well. He will come home with the morphine pump, as it seems to be working very well. His doctor is watching closely and is pleased so far. So then are we. Our love to you all! NEVER GIVE UP!

8 comments:

j said...

BIG OLD GOOFY HAPPY GRINS!!!!

I could hear a note of happiness in your post and that makes me so happy too! I am SO relieved that Mark is coming around better and that he read the comments that you printed off for him. More big goofy happy grins :D

What a blessing to have friends that will.... Rebecca, what on earth is Rumba-ing and Scoping(spelling?) a bedroom? I have a pretty mean Cha Cha but I don't think it would add one thing to your home.

I am glad that you have friends that offer the support that you need. Glad the Pup got to get gussied up too!

Have a good weekend. I hope that you have time to relax and take care of YOU.

Be blessed.

Jen

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

So glad that Mark's spirit feels the spirit of others in his corner. May the prayers lift him in so many ways.


God Bless you.

Birdie said...

I came over from Jennifer's blog. I'm so sorry you're going through this and y'all are in my prayers certainly!

Anonymous said...

good morning mark so glad to hear your on your way back .good for you prayers do help.and we wont stop till your out of that chair. hurry home so rebecca can give you the home cooked meals. keep up the good work and keep us posted .love to you and my buddy ..
love bev

Carol said...

I second the question - What is "Rumba'd and Scoba'd"?

I'm so happy to hear that Hospice got the pain under control. Morphine pumps are great things.

Much love to both of you.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

This is what Joy feels like..even in the storm..I've read scriptures regarding this kind of trail and preservation through stroms such as this..I for one am joyfull that things are on the mend of again even if for a short while..this is good good good.

Glad the responses are perking you both up..this is the stuff a community of believers is made up of!

Travis Cody said...

That's great news! Hang in there and take care!

Dawn said...

What good news! I glad all the comments brought you joy - connecting with others (no matter what the means) is always a good thing.

Continuing to pray!